I’m backkk! I was so bummed SHRM20 in San Diego, CA was cancelled… but here we are only a few short weeks away from #SHRM21 in Las Vegas! Personally, I love Vegas and am looking forward to the conference being back there and attending on-site. SHRM19 in Vegas was such a blast, and since that was the last conference I attended, the conference center and flow of things is honestly still fresh in my mind!
Have you registered yet for #SHRM21? Options to attend virtually or on-site are available. Register today & receive a $150 off registration discount with the code SHRM21_ INFLUENCER and receive a free SHRM21 x Life is Good co-branded t-shirt!
I’m publishing my schedule again this year so it’s easier for friends who aren’t attending to hop on Twitter at the time/session that interests them and see my live Tweets/nuggets. Also if you’re attending any of these on-site please let me know so we can get together for a SHRM Selfie! I’ll be wearing the same black and white Vera Bradley back pack as I have in years past, so it’ll be easy to find me!
During the sessions I’m attending, I’ll be live tweeting using #SHRM21 and #ClaireShares
*All times below are pacific time zone
Thursday, September 9th (registration and SHRM store open 7 AM to 7 PM)
- 11 AM – I’m co-presenting conference orientation with SHRM staff – so excited!
- 1 PM – HR on Purpose!! Five Ways to Own, Lead and Integrate HR Throughout Your Organization – Steve Browne’s sessions are always full of energy, fun, inspiration and insights
- 2:30 PM – Opening general session with Chipotle
- 3:45 PM – I’m speaking on a panel with my fellow SHRM YPAC (young professional advisory council) members on: What I Wish I Knew – Emerging Professional Insights. Then we’ll be walking over to the Expo Floor as a group with any students who want to join us!
Friday, September 10th (registration and SHRM store open 7 AM to 5:30 PM)
- 7:30 AM – Using advocates to fill job openings
- 9 AM – General session with Michael Phelps
- 10:45 AM – The Radical Reinvention of Human Resources – Why It’s Necessary & What It Looks Like In Action
- 2 PM – It’s Okay to be Human!! Proven Ways to Effectively Lead Your HR Role – Steve Browne again!
- 4 PM – Don’t change your culture, celebrate it
Saturday, September 11th (registration and SHRM store open 7 AM to 5:30 PM)
- 7:30 AM – Turn off worry, turn on resilience
- 9 AM – General session with Johnny C Taylor
- 11 AM – Conversations about race at work
- 2:15 PM – Redeeming feedback for good
- 3:45 PM – Mental health in the workplace, practical tips and tools to support your team
Sunday, September 12th (registration open 8 AM to 1 PM)
- 9:15 AM – It’s not how you feel, it’s what you do! Changing the nature of engagement
- Also at 9:15, I won’t be attending this one, but I have at a past conference and it was AMAZING and deserves a special shoutout: The Art of Executive Presence: A Woman’s Guide to Amplifying Your Career
- Also also at 9:15, my friend Christie Engler is speaking on the real HR of small and midsize business. So excited for you Christie!
- 10:45 AM – Closing general session with Bert Jacobs (Life Is Good)
The #SHRM21Influencer Team will be posting to the SHRM blog as well in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out!
If you have any questions, let me know! (:
P.S. I’ll be using the same packing list for #SHRM21 as I did for #SHRM19 – check out my packing list blog post here!