I remember back in January or February I asked my network if they would want me to create a blog post periodically of all the upcoming events I’m attending and the answer was a resounding yes! I try to post on LinkedIn about every event I’m attending ahead of time but sometimes that just doesn’t happen. I hate hearing when someone missed something they wished they’d known about!
Clearly I haven’t been sharing these types of posts but I’m going to try doing a post every couple of months going forward. I usually plan my calendar at least a month in advance. So in July I’m already adding September events to my calendar and in September I’m adding November events.
Here’s what I’m excited about that’s on my calendar right now!
- BNHRA legal update events – 17th and 18th – I always look forward to these events every year because we usually have our largest turnout, and our awesome friends at Hodgson Russ LLP give an update on legislation that affects the workplace.
- NY State SHRM Annual Conference – 22nd through 24th – Last year was my first year attending the SHRM state conference and it was so much fun! I made so many new friends. I love to build my sense of community in HR. Being able to learn from and lean on each other when we need it is amazing. Be sure to follow me on Twitter to see all the good nuggets and learnings from the sessions!
- HR Young Professionals Networking – 26th – a great opportunity to meet peers and those up and coming in our profession!
- Other networking event on the 26th Network After Work – not sure if I’m attending but wanted to share.
- Buffalo Manufacturing Night – 1st – I won’t be able to make it, but if you’re going make sure to stop by and say hi to team UNIFRAX!
- DisruptHR Buffalo – 16th – I’ve been part of this organization since 2017 and I’m so excited to be an Organizer this year! This is an annual informational idea exchange on all things talent and networking event.
- BN360 Happy Hour for a Cause (Cradle Beach) – 17th – These happy hours are always my favorite. Great opportunity to catch up with old friends and make new connections.
- Network After Work – 22nd – not sure if I’m attending but wanted to share.
- BNHRA Diversity in Hiring Event – 23rd – October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month and we’ve planned a panel full of great speakers to discuss and answer questions on employing those with disabilities.
I’m also super excited about a few speaking opportunities coming up in October!
- UB’s Career Passport Conference on October 1st. I’ve been participating in this event every year since I graduated (except for 2017 – I had to miss it because of my honeymoon.. and trust me I was bummed…) It’s such a great opportunity to meet with students and talk about any fears, questions, etc that they have about networking, job searching, life after college. Participating in these events on campus truly give me purpose. I keep in touch with my groups on LinkedIn and it makes my day when they reach out to me later in life with questions and know I’ll be there for them!
- October 2nd I’m speaking to UB’s DECA club, a student organization preparing emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for the world of business. We’ll be talking about all things LinkedIn! I know they’re still looking for guest speakers this fall semester, so if you have something to share with this awesome group of students, reach out to Tim Allaire!
- October 3rd my friend Collin Gehl and I are speaking to Buffalo State HR Students about SHRM and BNHRA involvement to help them learn and grow in their careers. Of course we’re throwing in some LinkedIn and networking tips!
- October 9th I’m speaking at a Career Growth Workshop that Cystic Fibrosis is hosting for their rising stars program honorees! Honored to be invited to participate and work with this amazing group of up and coming leaders. For more information on this program contact Lauren Orlowski!
- The 6th is such a popular day! I’ll be speaking to UB’s Women in Management club that evening, BUT there are 2 other awesome events happening that evening you should be aware of:
- BN360 Happy Hour for a Cause (Say Yes Buffalo) – I’m still going to get a ticket for this even though I can’t make it. I love Say Yes Buffalo and everything they’re doing for the students in our community.
- BNHRA will also have an event that night on Toxicity in the Workplace presented by Lisa Williams, PhD, Management Professor at Niagara University. REGISTRATION LINK COMING SOON!
- ALSO ON THE 6TH – Mark you calendars from 12 to 1! I’ll be presenting a webinar thanks to the UB Alumni Association! I presented a webinar last year on job searching in the digital age and am still working on my content for this year! I’d love if you spent your lunch hour with me! You’ll still be able to register and get a recording if you aren’t able to make it live. REGISTRATION LINK COMING SOON!
- UB School of Management Alumni Association Awards Banquet – 7th – can’t wait to network and celebrate the successes of other UB SOM alums! If you’ll be there let me know!
- BNHRA Event – 20th – Marijuana in the Workplace presented by Phillips Lytle. REGISTRATION LINK COMING SOON!
- On the 5th I’ll be speaking to a Daemen class of business students on how to start using LinkedIn now to grow personally and professionally. Thank you Karen Sharp-Price for inviting me!
- 13th – UB SHRM Club meetings! YAY! Love working with the HR leaders of the future and answering any questions they have on working in various aspects of the HR field. If you’re interested in speaking to this group, reach out to Adam Nisbet!
- Nothing on my calendar yet but stay tuned!
I think spring was busier for me on the events front! In between everything I’ve listed above I’ll be traveling to Bozeman, Atlanta, Tampa and Cape Cod. So grateful and excited for a fun packed fall. Let me know which of these events I’ll see you at! I’d also love to know what else you have on your calendar that I might be missing out on (: Happy learning and networking!